These galleries contain photos of some of the rare NARBA birds seen in North America. Rare birds pose some special photographic challenges. There is usually only one "subject" available to photograph, and the photographer has to take extra care in not stressing the bird and causing it to leave the area! Despite these limitations, many photographers get excellent images of these rare visitors to our area.
Many thanks to the photographers that have shared their photos and make these galleries available. Several of the photographers have their own web sites, which are listed on our links page. All photos remain the sole property of the copyright holder as noted on the photos. We ask that you respect their rights.
NARBA welcomes additional photographic submissions. If you are a NARBA subscriber and have a photo of a rare bird (ABA Code 3+) that you would like to have included in the gallery, please contact the NARBA webmaster.
- Anseriformes: Ducks, Geese and Swans
- Procellariformes (Tubenoses): Albatrosses, Shearwaters, Petrels, Storm-Petrels
- Pelecaniformes: Tropicbirds, Boobies, Gannets, and Allies
- Ciconiiformes: Herons, Storks, amd Allies
- Gaviidae & Podicipedidae: Loons and Grebes
- Phoenicopteriformes: Flamingos
- Falconiformes: Hawks and Allies
- Charadriiformes: Shorebirds
- Laridae & Alcidae: Gulls, Auks, and Allies
- Columbiformes: Pigeons and Doves
- Strigiformes: Owls
- Swifts, Hummingbirds and Kingfishers
- Passeriformes: Passerine Birds
| ||© 2013, NARBA. All rights reserved.|